For now this is just a collection of resources. Eventually there will be lesson summaries and 5 E model lesson plans. If you are interested, subscribe to the blog and get updates.
- Video: Sea Floor Spreading with Bill Nye
- Video: Sea Floor Spreading | 100 Greatest Discoveries
- Video: NOAA Sound Scapes: about sonar and mapping sea floor
- Video: Magnetic Field Reversal/100 greatest discoveries
- Blog Post: How did plate tectonics begin? (see reference to Top Plate Tectonics Misconceptions)
- Animation Visual: What kind of features do you notice without any water? Ocean Draining
- Article: The 40,000-Mile Volcano
- Hydrothermal Vents videos: National Geographic; Nutrients from Deep Sea Vents; Weird Animal World Discovered in Deep Sea Vents; Hydrothermal Vent Creatures; Hydrothermal Vents;
- Convection Currents and Plate movement animation: Stress that it’s the slab pull that drives this.
- Photos: Life Finds a Way Deep in the Mariana Trench
- Infographic: Tallest mountain to Deepest Trench
- Download Google Earth File to see overlay of the age of the ocean floor.